martes, octubre 16, 2007

re-inventa letoy: laura bath

Thanks to Laura Bath for her ‘re-create letoy’ work.

* What music forms the soundtrack of your life? Don't start with an easy one then guys!
My childhood is a mixture of James Taylor , Carol King, Stevie wonder, Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson and other Folk, Motown and Pop records. When I was tiny I had about the theme song from Fame but I only knew about 2 lines and would sing it over and over. I think that set the seed early on as I still love the same music. Certain songs remind me of times in my growing up like the album “Bad” reminds me of having to do the cleaning with the rest of the family on a Saturday morning when we kids. Music is so heavily woven into my life I could write an essay with all the tracks that mean something to me. My younger sister is a musician and is currently doing her first EP so i guess that's part of my current soundtrack ;)
* Pixel or Pencil. Hmm. My work always starts in my sketch book so there I would say Pencil or even Pen but I love to finish things on the computer using vectors though so can I say a bit of both?
* Your favourite cartoons are… from the 80's, oh dear don't get me started, there’s a lot: Jem and the Holograms, He-man, She-Ra, Transformers, Thundercats, Name an 80's cartoon that wasn't ace. I'm really into Studio Ghibli films too like the classic Princess Mononoke and Totoro and at the moment I can't get enough of Naruto Shippuden.
* Sushi or hamburger. I'm a vegetarian, no hamburgers for me. It would have to be cucumber sushi rolls :)
* You are happy when you are… with friends, cooking for them or singing and dancing the night away and when I'm creating little creatures.

++++ español ++++


Muchas gracias a Laura Bath por su ‘re-inventa letoy’

* La banda sonora de tu vida sería… No empecéis con una tal fácil chicos. Mi infancia es una mezcla de James Taylor , Carol King, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson, Motown y Pop records. Cuando era pequeña me gustaba la canción de Fama pero sólo me sabía dos líneas de la letra y las cantaba una y otra vez. Creo que eso sembró la semilla de manera que todavía me gusta la misma música. Algunas canciones me recuerdan a determinadas épocas en mi crecimiento como el álbum ‘Bad’ me traslada a las mañanas de sábado en la que ordenaba la casa con el resto de mi familia. La música es un importante motor en mi vida de manera que incluso podría escribir un ensayo con todas aquellas canciones que significan alfo para mí. Mi hermana pequeña es músico y actualmente está trabajando en su primer EP así que supongo que es parte de mi actual banda sonora.
* Ratón o lápiz. Mi trabajo siempre empieza con un boceto en mi cuaderno por lo que diría Lápiz o Boli pero me gusta acabarlos en mi ordenador. Sería un poco de ambos.
* Tus dibujos animados preferidos son… de los 80´s serían tantos… Jem and the Holograms, He-man, She-Ra, Transformers, Thundercats… también me gustan las películas de los estudios Gibli como las ya clásicas ‘La princesa Mononoke’ y ‘Totoro’ Ahora mismo con consigo lo suficiente de Naruto Shippuden.
* Sushi o hamburguesa. Soy vegetariana, no hamburguesas para mí. Sería sushi rolls de pepino.
* Eres feliz cuando estás… con amigos, cocinando para ellos, cantando y bailando toda la noche y creando mis pequeños personajes.