miércoles, octubre 31, 2007

+que_toys: olive47

Miss olive47 lives in camberwell, london. she likes small non-threatening mammals, magenta, mr. ramen, painting walls, cute boys, bhangra music, pancake parties, and white middle-class kids who pretend to be gangstas. She does not like olives, banana flavour, or emo.She was once rumoured to be the bastard daughter of tammy faye bakker, and her friends tell her she's a good dancer. she might be in love with you.

H: How long have you been illustrating, how'd you get into it?
I've been drawing little animals since I was 3. I kept on doing it and never quit. I think I started because I wanted a pet as long as I can remember and just started drawing pictures of them. I guess I never got into it rather it got into me.

Who and what inspires you? why?
The animals and nature around me inspire me. I think it's cause I am really shy around people and I relate to the nonverbal communication of animals more. Beyond that, it's just situations in my life... just whatever is going on at the time.

What have you been working on recently?
Recently, I have been doing a lot of work for various shows, preparing for my thesis project for my MA, the preproduction for a line of vinyl and plush toys based on some of my characters, and a commission of a series of paintings of fruits and vegetables.



++++ español ++++

H: ¿Cuánto tiempo llevas ilustrando y cómo empezaste?
He dibujado animales desde que tenía 3 años. Sigo haciéndolo y nunca he parado. Creo que empecé porque deseaba una mascota desde que tengo conciencia de ello y, entonces, comencé a dibujarlos.

¿Quién y qué te inspira? ¿Por qué?
Los animales y la naturaleza. Creo que es porque soy bastante tímida y quizás soy captó más la comunicación no verbal de los animales. También cualquier cosa que ocurre en mi vida.

¿En qué estás trabajando últimamente?
Últimamente, estoy realizando diferentes trabajos para varias exposiciones, preparando mi proyecto de graduación, trabajando en el desarrollo de una serie de muñecos en vinilo y peluche basados en mis personajes y realizando unas pinturas de vegetales y frutas.

1 Comentarios:

Blogger paola dice...

me encantan estas ilustraciones pero más que nada por su gama cromatica, me hace acordar a una estructura que vi cerca de un restaurante en puerto madero que voy a menudo. por todos sus colores y formas random en su trazo

3:16 a. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home