lunes, octubre 29, 2007

+que_toys: mimic

Mimic is a small friendly man whose main aim is to make people happy with his world of creatures. This is often presented to the public in the form of designer toys, prints, tees and other media. Spawned in the city of Portsmouth UK, he resides there by the sea and occasional sun thinking up the next way to infiltrate your mind.

H: Who and what inspires you? why?
Lots of things inspire me, music, film, other artists. I love to watch horror and sci-fi films and get lots of inspiration there. My music is always around me, im lost without it. Sket, Mad, Seen, Brandt Peters, Kathie Olivas and many more artists inspire and sometimes advise me, theres a great community out there :)

How would you define your style?
Erm, thats a tough one, its, hopefully, becoming a bit more organic. Because I dont draw enough, my computer based stuff was a little too digital looking so Ive tried to tweak my style and process. I think a kind of sci-fi/horror hybrid with some fun thrown in is a good desciption. Horror-fi Fun maybe.

Any artist that you would like to recommend?
Too many, theres lots of talent out there. Koa is excellent, as is Brian Taylor. My brother Lex isnt bad either ;)

What are you working on at the moment?
Just finished a design for a show in Singapore, which ive included here. Trying to do more stuff to get my name out there again, im a bit sporadic at times.



++++ español ++++


H: ¿Quién y qué te inspira?
Me inspiran muchas cosas, la música, las películas, otros artistas. Me encantan las películas de terror y ‘sci-fi’ que me inspiran mucho. La música siempre está conmigo, estoy perdida sin ella. Sket, Mad, Seen, Brandt Peters, Kathie Olivas me inpiran y muchas veces me aconsejan. Existe una gran comunidad de artistas por ahí.

¿Cómo definirías tu estilo?
Umm… está es una complicada, esperaría que llegará a ser un poquito más orgánico. Debido a que no dibujo mucho la mayoría de mi trabajo tiene un aspecto, quizás, un poco demasiado digital por lo que estoy intentando modificarlo un poquito. Se podría definir mi estilo como una mezcla entre sci-fi/terror y algo divertido. Quizás- Horror-fi Fun.


¿Algún artista que quieras recomendarnos?
Hay tantos y con todo ese talento. Koa y Brian Taylor son excelentes. Mi hermano, Lex, tampoco es malo.

¿En qué estás trabajando ahora mismo?
Acabo de finalizar un trabajo para una exposición en Singapur en el que participo. Intentando hacer más cosas para que mi nombre esté más a menudo por ahí.