miércoles, septiembre 26, 2007

+que_toys: sefora

Sefora. I was born in Pinerolo ( near Turin) in November 13 – 1977. I grew up between a very little village in the mountains and a solitary house in a talc mine. I spent my childhood reading books, drawing and playing in the woods, disguising myself with old ancestors dresses, looking through their old books. Here my love for nature and for ancient books.
But it’s only when I moved in Torre Pellice at the age of 13 to attend my language college that I finally knew the world of mangas, comics, italian illustration and art galleries.
I’m self-taught, and I’m always studying something new by myself. After some illustration and comics works in very little children journals and indie production, I actually collaborate with a little art gallery in Alba and with “le 18:00” showroom in Milan. I’m working on some pieces for “ Troglodytefineart “ art gallery in San Francisco.

H: How long have you been illustrating, how'd you get into it?
I love illustrating since I was a child, but I get into it in more professional way pushed by my husband and some friends…

How would you describe your style?
I try to be very simple and iconographic, blending old and new, nature and Japan, blood and tears, paper and cotton thread.

Any artist that you would like to recommend? Heiko Mueller and Parskid.

What are you working on at the moment?
Some pieces for a gallery in San Francisco, some emulsion lift composition and paintings for a showroom in Milan.





++++ español ++++

Sefora. Nací en Pinerolo (cerca de Turín) en 1977. Crecí en un pequeño pueblo entre montañas en una casa solitaria. Pasé mi infancia leyendo libros, dibujando y jugando en bosques disfrazándome con vestidos de mis antepasados, ojeando sus antiguos libros. De ahí viene mi amor por la naturaleza y por los libros antiguos. A los 13 años me mudé a Torre Pellice para acudir al colegio. Fue allí donde descubrí el mundo del manga, cómic, ilustradores italianos y galerías de arte. Soy autodidacta; siempre estoy aprendiendo algo nuevo. Después de algunos cursos de ilustración y cómic trabajé en pequeños periódicos y productoras independientes. Actualmente, estoy colaborando con la galería de Milán, ‘Alba’ con ‘le 18:00’ También estoy trabajando en algunas obras para la galería de San Francisco ‘Troglodytefineart’

H: ¿Cuánto tiempo llevas ilustrando y como empezaste?
Me encanta ilustrar desde que era niña. Me he dedicado a ello de manera más profesional desde que mis amigos y marido me animaron…


¿Cómo describirías tu estilo?
Sencillo, iconográfico, mezcla ce nuevo y antiguo, naturaleza y Japón, sangre y lágrimas…

¿Algún artista que te gustaría recomendarnos?
Heiko Mueller y Parskid.

¿En que estás trabajando ahora mismo?
Algunas obras para una galería de San Francisco y algunas pinturas y composiciones para un showroom en Milán.