viernes, septiembre 21, 2007

+que_toys: andrea wong


Andrea Wong was born in Germany in 1981. I am a graphic designer and illustrator, based in Hannover. During the day I work in an advertising agency, but by night I create little creatures and monsters in my own fairy-tale-monsterland – that's what I love to do.

H: How long have you been illustrating, how'd you get into it?
Guess it started with boring school lessons and somehow I was stuck into it since then.

How would you define your style?
Colourful, playful and happy.

Any artist that you would like to recommend?
My all-time favourite is David Hughes but there are also artists that impress me all along the way. At the moment I also like The Human Empire, Fiep Westendorp, Sara Farinelli, Daniel Egnéus … just a few to mention.

The future for Andrea Wong consists of...
lots of up-coming surprises;D



++++ español ++++


Andrea Wong nació en Alemania en 1981. Es un diseñador gráfico y ilustrador con sede en Hannover. Durante el día trabaja en una agencia de publicidad , pero por las noches crea sus pequeños personajes y monstruos en su propio mundo de hadas y monstruos; eso es lo que me encanta hacer.



H: ¿Cuánto tiempo llevas ilustrando y como empezaste?
Supongo que empecé como pasatiempo en las aburridas clases de la escuela y de alguna manera no he parado desde entonces.

¿Cómo definirías tu estilo?
Lleno de color, juguetón y feliz.

¿Algún artista que quieras recomendarnos?
Mi preferido de todos los tiempos es David Hughes pero también hay otros artistas como The Human Empire, FIEP Westendorp, Sara Farinelli, Daniel Egnéus… sólo por mencionar algunos.

El futuro de Andrea Wong consiste en… muchas próximas sorpresas.