martes, septiembre 18, 2007

+que_toys: loviworld

LoviWorld. I was born in Setubal, Portugal on the 29th of april, 1981.

I'm almost finish my Design curse degree, but i have always dedicated myself entirelly to illustration and character design; my two really passions.

Since i was very young i always observ everything and creat my own characters and toy and made my imaginary bd and try to bring to real world. About two years ago i created my first Lovi character and try to make a world grow up i just work on it day by day. I'm work on some projects now, like creat a design for decorating a bar and t-shirts everything for now the first big project; i'm work with some urban art fanzines and some orders. I work as a freelancer illustrator and some personal projects, like painting every kind of objects and selling them with the ambicious to see my characters "walk" around the world. I'm still looking for perfection, day by day i'm still have much to learn and some day just attract everyone with my fantasy...


H: How would you define your style?
My style is spontaneous, i don't think what i'm gona do i just grab a pen or pencil and my inspiration flows. Non-stop drawing that leeds me to my imaginary world, full of fantasy and a bit of stupid expressions :))

Basicly i define my style as a fullfilment of the world through the way i see it. Thats why i try to fullfill anything with what my imagination tells me.

Any artist that you would like to recommend?
A friend that also has an enchanted world, Yannick, and her world "Shims" i really apreciated and Piktorama which i check her work about few months ago and i think just magical...

The future for LoviWorld consists of... expand my own world and always, always still have fun and continue show it for everyone.



++++ español ++++

LoviWorld. Nací en Portugal en 1981. Estoy a punto de acabar mis estudios en Diseño, pero siempre me he dedicado a la ilustración y la creación de personajes, mis dos verdaderas pasiones. Desde que era joven yo siempre he observado todo y he creado mis propios personajes, toys… que he tratado de llevar a la realidad. Hace dos años que creé mi primer personaje Lovi y traté de construir un mundo que creciera al trabajar en él día a día. Estoy trabajando en algunos proyectos ahora mismo como los diseños para el interiorismo de un bar, unas camisetas… Colaboro fanzines sobre cultura urbana. Trabajo como ilustrador freelance y también en proyectos personales, como pintar todo tipos de objetos y venderlos con la ambición de verlos irse.


H: ¿Cómo definirías tu estilo?
Mi estilo es espontáneo; no pienso que es lo que voy a hacer, sólo cojo un lápiz y la inspiración viene por sí sola. No parar de dibujar me lleva a un mundo imaginario lleno de fantasía y algunas expresiones estúpidas.
Podría definir mi estilo como un compendio del mundo tal y como lo veo, tal y como me dicta me imaginación.

¿Algún artista que quieras recomendarnos?
Una amiga que crea un mundo, ‘Shims’ encantador, Yannick. También me gusta el de Piktorama; sigo su trabajo desde hace unos meses y es simplemente mágico…

El futuro de LoviWorld consiste en… ampliar mi mundo, siempre divirtiéndome y continuar mostrándolo a todo el mundo.