miércoles, septiembre 19, 2007

+que_toys: fhiona galloway

Fhiona Galloway. I was born in England then moved to Canada when I was one and a half. My family and I came back to the UK when I was nearly 9 and settled in Scotland.I started my career in illustration after college when I joined a design company in Glasgow. I worked there for 5 years doing design and illustration then decided to go freelance.I've enjoyed my work ever since! I work for design & advertising companies, book and greeting card
publishers, for multimedia and animation. I live with my husband, my daughter, a giant schnauzer and a gold fish!

H: Who and what inspires you? why?
Other illustrators work because it keeps me up to date with what is happening in all types of illustration and it inspires me to keep at it! Japanese cute stuff is quite inspiring too cos it's just so damned cute!! Pictoplasma! the characters are so diverse you couldn't help be inspired with a look through their books or the website. Everything else I see around me-sometimes I see a strange shape, a combination of colours or an incident and I think Ah! I could do something with that.

How would you define your style?
A mixture of lots of styles-I'm never happy sticking with one particular style- I like to diversify.

Any artist that you would like to recommend?
I love these artists work: Klaus Haapaniemi, Junko Mizuno, Anna Chambers and Hiroshi Yoshii.

The future for Fhiona consists of... lots and lots of juicy jobs I hope!!



++++ español ++++


Fhiona Galloway. Nací en Inglaterra y me mudé a Canadá con sólo un año y medio. Mi familia y yo regresamos a Inglaterra cuando tenía cerca de nueve años y nos asentamos en Escocia. Yo comencé mi carrera como ilustradora cuando me uní a un estudio de diseño en Glasgow. Trabajé allí 5 años con labores de diseño e ilustración hasta que decidí hacerme freelance. Me encanta mi trabajo desde entonces! Trabajo para agencias de publicidad&diseño, editoriales y compañías que producen tarjetas de felicitación, empresas relacionadas con la animación. Vivo con mi marido, mi hija, un gigante Schnauzer y un pez.


H: ¿Quién y qué te inspira? ¿Por qué?
El trabajo de otros ilustradores ya que permite estar al día de lo que está ocurriendo en todos los ámbitos de la ilustración lo que me inspira a continuar. Obras japonesas ya que son súper chulas. ¡Pictoplasma! Los personajes son tan diversos que no me podría inspirar sin dar una ojeada a sus libros o navegar por su web. El resto de cosas, desde una forma determinada, una combinación de colores… cualquier cosa que me haga querer hacer algo con ella.

¿Cómo definirías tu estilo?
Una mezcla de diferentes estilos. No me gusta ceñirme a uno sólo; me gusta la diversidad de estilos.

¿Algún artista que quieras recomendarnos?
Me encanta el trabajo de artistas como: Klaus Haapaniemi, Junko Mizuno, Anna Chambers y Hiroshi Yoshii.

El futuro de Fhiona consiste en… muchos trabajos interesantes, espero!!!!

1 Comentarios:

Blogger Luis Morcela a.k.a LOVIWORLD dice...

hi i'm loviworld...great work you have...just love it!!

2:09 a. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home