martes, agosto 28, 2007

+que_toys: dan goodsell

Dan Goodsell is an artist living in Los Angeles. The basis of his work is a fictional place called the Imaginary World which is inhabited by an odd assortment of characters including Mr. Toast, Joe the Egg & Lemonhead. Over the last six years, he has created and maintained the Imaginary World web site where visitors can find weekly web comics, read illustrated stories and purchase Mr Toast books and toys.

H: How long have you been illustrating, how'd you getinto it?
I have been illustrating since about 2000 but really got serious when I started my webcomic in 2004. It really helped me define my style and figure out the stories I wanted to tell.

How would you define your style and approach to your work?
I approach work very seriously since I started late in life and feel I have to make up a lot of ground. My style is very loose and simple.

Any artist that you would like to recommend?
Noferin

What are you working on at the moment?
Vinyl Mr. Toast toy and talking about doing a cartoon show.

+++++ español +++++

Dan Goodsell es un artista residente en Los Ángeles. El punto de partida de su trabajo es un lugar ficticio llamado ‘Imaginary World’ que está habitado por una serie de personajes que incluye a Mr. Toast, Joe the Egg y Lemonhead. En los últimos seis años él ha creado y mantenido la página web de ‘Imaginary World’ donde los visitantes se pueden encontrar comics semanales, historias ilustradas así como comprar los libros y toys de Mr. Toast.

H: ¿Cuánto tiempo llevas ilustrando y cómo empezaste?
Llevo ilustrando desde el 2000 y me lo tome en serio cuando comencé en el 2004 con la web-cómic. Esto realmente me ayudo a definir mi estilo y a imaginarme las historias quería contar.

¿Cómo definirías tu estilo?
Me tomo el trabajo seriamente ya que he empezado muy tarde y tengo que andar mucho camino. Mi estilo es como muy ‘dejado’ y simple.

¿Algún artista que quieras recomendarnos?
Noferin

¿En qué estás trabajando ahora mismo?
Una figura de Mr. Toast en vinilo y en proceso de realizar una exposición de dibujos animados.