lunes, enero 22, 2007

+que_toys: 12punt3

'My name is Marianne Roosa and right now I live in The Hague, The Netherlands. I am a graphic designer/illustrator and plush artist. I have my own business called 12punt3, a design studio that specializes in graphic design/ illustration and character design. ‘Oneye’ is my own plush designer toy. I design and produce them myself. They can be found in my online Oneyeshop but also at some other places around the world. With the Oneyes I also participate in international creative events and plush art shows'

H: What difficulties did you encountered when you started working on a 3D aspect of one of your creations ?
I want my 3d designs to stay as close as possible to the original 2d illustrations. So the main difficulty was making patterns. I needed to keep that 2d feeling with something that is 3d. And that can be difficult sometimes. I usually make 1 prototype to see if the design works.

What is your favorite material to work on ?
My favorite material has to be good quality fleece. It’s easy to work with and it’s strong and soft. Perfect for making huggable characters!

***** español *****

Mi nombre es Marianne Roosa y ahora mismo vivo en La Haya, Holanda. Soy diseñadora gráfica/ilustradora y también creo peluches. Tengo mi propia marca, 12punt3, un estudio de diseño que se especializa en diseño gráfico/ilustración y creación de personajes. ‘Oneye’ es mi propio diseño de art toy. Lo creo y lo produzco yo misma. Ellos se pueden encontrar en mi tienda on-line Oneyeshop y también en algunos otros lugares en todo el mundo. Con los diseños ‘Oneyes’ también participo en todo tipo de eventos creativos, exposiciones de peluches…

H: ¿Qué dificultades encuentras en trabajas en llevar a 3D tus creaciones?
Me gusta que mis diseños en 3D sean lo más parecido posible a las ilustraciones en 2D. El principal problema son los patrones. Necesito mantener el espíritu del diseño en 2D cuando los llevo a 3D. Y muchas veces resulta complicado. Normalmente hago un prototipo para comprobar que quedará bien.

¿Cuál es el material con el que prefieres trabajar?
Mi material preferido debe de tener una buena calidad de lana. Así, es fácil de trabajar, es resistente a la vez que suave. Perfecto para hacer personajes ‘achuchables’