viernes, enero 05, 2007

+que_toys: elisa sassi

Elisa Sassi is not Japanese but she loves all forms of art that come from Japan. She is happy when is designing and drawing. She draws a lot. She always carries a pack of bubblegum in her pockets. She wants to make the world a little bit of a happier place. How is she really ?
‘I'm from Brazil, Sao Paulo. I studied advertising here, but it was pure ignorance. I wish I could had studied arts, but at the time I was too young (and maybe too silly) to believe that we can join work and pleasure - and that's what I do now. I mostly love doing what I do. I own a T-shirt brand, named FUNKA, I'm doing my third little exhibition of paintings and printed illustrations here in Brazil and my "gallery dealer" is taking it to USA too (but it's a new project yet, it'll probably happen in the middle of 2007). I do a lot of illustrations to ad agencies 'cause I worked in one of them 'til August 2006. Editorials s a good market too. Either here in Brazil as in other countries. Lately, I loved doing three big illustrations to Computer Arts Projects magazine, my second work with them - a client I loved to work with’

H: What do you believe makes your work different?

I'm constantly NOT satisfied with my work. I don't know if it's different or good or original or full of techniques or simple or too dumb or what. From the bottom of my heart I can say that I do it with my soul and when it touches any other soul, in any way, that's what keeps me going. Maybe the difference is in how I feel when someone really sees it.

******* español *******

Elisa Sassi no es Japonesa aunque le encanta todo el arte del país nipón. Ella es feliz cuando está diseñando/dibujando por lo que dibuja mucho. Siempre lleva un paquete de chicles en sus bolsillos. Le gustaría hacer de este mundo un lugar un poco más feliz, ¿cómo es ella realmente?
Soy de Brasil, concretamente de Sao Paulo. Estudié publicidad en Brasil aunque es no es lo que realmente me hubiera gustado. Desearía haber estudio bellas artes pero era demasiado joven para creerme que el trabajo y placer podrían estar unidos. Eso es lo que hago ahora. Me encanta lo que hago. Tengo una marca de camisetas, llamada FUNKA. Ahora mismo tengo mi tercera exposición con pinturas e ilustraciones en Brasil y mi agente quiere llevarla a USA también (este es un proyecto que probablemente ocurra para mediados de este año) Hago muchas ilustraciones para agencias de publicidad porque yo, trabajé en una hasta agosto de 2006. Las editoriales también son un buen mercado. Aquí en Brasil y en otros países. Últimamente, he disfrutado mucho haciendo tres ilustraciones para la revista ‘Computer Arts Projects’ mi segundo trabajo con ellos – es un cliente con el que me encanta trabajar.

H: ¿Qué crees que hace tu trabajo diferente?

Yo no estoy, constantemente, contenta con mi trabajo. No sé si es diferente, bueno, original… con mucha técnica o simple, muy tonto o no sé. Desde mi corazón puedo decir que lo hago ( mi trabajo) con mi alma y cuando llega al de otra persona, de cualquier manera, eso es lo que me hace continuar. Quizás la diferencia esté en como me siento cuando alguien ve lo que hago.